Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is a Quadruple Negative a Positive?

So after staying up until 6 A.M. blogging and shuttling between the second and fourth floor at all hours of the night looking for a fight to break out (disappointingly, no, third floor girls stayed under control), I woke up to my alarm and instantly turned it off and went back to bed. Only problem is, after years of doing this, I've outsmarted myself, so while I could sleep through the first alarm pretty easily, I did not have the internal fortitude to turn off the second and third alarms. My legs were still jelly from yesterday. Out of bananas, out of apples. Turn on Sportscenter. Longoria still isn't playing today. Strike one.

What better way to brighten my day than a rousing game of Chess Titans? Beats the crap out of taking notes. It went something like this:









<---- That's me, about to get my face slammed into the checkmate pencil by the Joker. Okay, I'll just quit so I don't get the loss counted in the statistics. Whoops, you quit and it still counts as a loss. Effing Windows Vista. That's strike two.


Back in the pad, turn on the telly. Law and Order episodes are the exact same episodes as were on last night (not entirely unexpected, but utterly disappointing). So it's two hours of ESPN I suppose. And of course, I didn't see the NFL Live Dancing With the Stars commercial. Didn't get to hear Chris Berman say "Billy 'Whiteshoes' Johnson." Didn't hear Tom Jackson say "Nice...moves." Strike three. I call days like this Ryan Howard days. Just one giant strikeout.

Some positives though, by virtue of Youtube. After watching some classic Brandon Jennings, found a video of him absolutely ripping at the Jordan classic. Sick beat too. Maybe I'll drop some of these moves in pickup tonight. Doubtful. Improved my mood substantially though.

Goal for the remainder of my week: Videotape my roommate freestyling.

Out

No comments: