Friday, September 12, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

And my 100% class attendance was one of those things. "The Streak," as it came to be known as in room 216 (aka me and my roommate), was snapped at 40 consecutive classes. Ironically, this comes one day after Chris Cooley's five year string of consecutive practices came to its conclusion. I have even more respect for Cal Ripken now. How could I miss class and end this streak so abruptly? 40 classes pales in comparison to the 2,000+ consecutive games Ripken played. But c'mon now. Let's put things in perspective. Most years anyone has been a United States President in a row? 12. Most gold medals won by one swimmer in the Beijing Olympics? 8. So I'd say 40 is pretty freaking good.

Now, this was no intentionally skipped class. What, do you think it's senior year of high school or something? No, I wouldn't skip Chemistry on purpose (because Ms. Weber doesn't teach it). I had the misfortune of oversleeping. I woke up at 12:22, realized I was screwed, so I just blogged showered and went and took a math test. Which went marginally well. If you place it in tandem with the 33/30 on the quiz I got back today, I'd say it elicited a good amount of satisfaction.

Breakfast (at 2:15 P.M.) was sizzling- literally, because I had ribs, which is the tightest thing ever. My roommate went home for the weekend (I guess I won't be hearing any freestyle rapping...sigh...), so I had the room to myself. On top of that, I discover there is a Rays game on ESPN tonight!!! SO stoked. And then I'm on the phone with Kristen (she's not engaged yet, so I guess we're still getting married!!!) and watching Law and Order on mute, and there is a gay rights rally outside of the courtroom. What followed, as Andrew Schroth would say, was "they came to blows." Cop slugged an activist right in the grill. Mass chaos ensued. Sick.

The day went downhill from there, as I had to go lift. I hate nagging injuries, because they hurt worse than actual injuries but if you complain about them everyone says you're a pussy. So even though my left quad/groin feels like it's going to rip in two, I squatted/Quadzilla'd/Air Alerted anyways. Amazing leg workout. Amongst other stuff. I'm not entirely sure it's healthy. The 156 minute workout went something like this:

-Bench, 135x5, 175x5 (4 sets), 185x6, 185x4, 175x5, 135x12
-Squat, 275x4 (4 sets), 285x4 (4 sets), 295x4 (4 sets), 315x4 (4 sets)
-Quadzillas, 135 lbs, 40 reps, 29 reps, 24 reps
-Air Alert week 4 day 3
-shoulder 21's 3 sets 15 lbs
-dips (extra deep) 3x10
-bicep curls 3x8 35 lbs
-situps 2x50

And what resulted was a massive body ache. You know that IcyHot commercial with Shaq where his lower back is in a knot? That's me. Plus, left quad, both shoulders, right ankle, right knee, left elbow, upper abs....all killing me.... it sucks. Upon returning to my domicile, to add insult to injury (or is it injury to insult? I can never quite recall), I find that the Rays game is RAINED OUT!!! How much does that suck? About as much as the Yankees would have sucked if the game was actually played. There is some consolation though, Kansas vs. South Florida is on ESPN2 and I am a South Florida fan, being Facebook friends with Matt Grothe and all. KU is looking pretty good thus far, they actually have a pretty nasty D and I'm picking them to win the Big12 North over Missouri for that reason. YES! PBP announcer just now said "and Maier gets banged out of bounds." Hahahaha that's what she said.


Matt Grothe you are lookin' very sexy.

Just not tonight when you are getting sacked multiple times.

Also, if I hear the OSU-USC game referred to as the "Collision in the Coliseum" one more time, I will... refer to it as something else. That's not even a catchy, marketable name. It takes too long to say and it elicits thoughts of chariot races in ancient Rome. USC wins, 27-7

No comments: