Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Love it When Playlists Just Make Themselves

Which is basically what happened when I plugged in my iPod. Because all of my music is back home, I had become content with just listening to music on my iPod with headphones. Until I discovered that I could plug in the iPod, fondle with a few settings, and voila!

So I thought I'd share with all my computer genius.

1) You-

Okay I'm not doing step by step. But if you open the folder containing the actual iPod hardware (possibly the E: drive), and allow for hidden folders to be displayed, it's all there. The obvious downside to this method is music is cluttered, unorganized, and... anonymous. You can see the artists names, but, for example, "Fireman" by Lil' Wayne is actually "ARZQ" by Lil' Wayne.

The Playlist:
1) Are You Gonna Be My Girl- Jet
2) She's Gotta Be- Keith Urban
3) Guns and Roses- Jay-Z
4) Garden Grove- Sublime
5) Flat on the Floor- Carrie Underwood
6) I'll Take You On- Howie Day
7) The Mountains Win Again- Blues Traveler
8) All- Collective Soul
9) Daughters- John Mayer
10 Jesus, Take the Wheel- Carrie Underwood
11) It's Not Me- 3 Doors Down
12) Summertime- Kenny Chesney
13) Pork and Beans- Weezer
14) Love Song- Sara Bareilles
15) Warmth of the Sun- Beach Boys
16) Talkin' Bout It- Lil' Wayne
17) Disturbia- Rihanna
18) It's Working- Mark Wills
19) Trade Yourself In- Shinedown
20) Designated Drinker- Alan Jackson

Beautiful. Yes, I am annoying the crap out of my roommate playing excessive country music, which serves him right. I came back from class today and BET was on. On MY TV. I'm pretty sure my TV has been designated sporting events-only, but he must not have gotten the memo.

Also, I was 11-4 in picking Week 2 NFL contests, bringing my season record to... 11-4. I probably should have begun predicting games in the first week to maximize my victories.

My fantasy team exceeded all my wildest expectations. Who could have expected Justin Tuck to have two sacks AND an interception AND a touchdown? Who could have expected both J-Beast AND Chris Gamble to force fumbles and record 8 solo tackles apiece? Most stunningly, who could have expected Darren McDaniels AND Jon Stewart to have two rushing touchdowns apiece? Hasselbeck kinda blew though. So here's my strategy, following the buy low-sell high mantra:
Old Crappy Team --> Harlem Globetrotters of Fantasy Football plus a White Quarterback

Trade 1:
Matt Hasselbeck Jake Delhomme and Dwayne Bowe --> Drew Brees Andre Johnson and Jamarcus Russell (cutting Jamarcus Russell, signed Trent Edwards)

Trade 2:
Jon Stewart and Chris Perry --> Jamal Lewis and Felix Jones (return yards & TD's do count)

Trade 3: Michael Turner, Michael Jenkins and Pittsburgh Defense --> MBIII, Laurence Maroney, and Buffalo Defense (Hurts to give up Pitt's D, but now I have both of Dallas's RB's and Lo-Mo. I believe points are awarded for jumping through SUV's)

This might be the most disorganized blog post in my brief blogging career. Just admire the my playlist-creating and general management skills.

No comments: